Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Facial Hair & The "Dirty 30's"

After the response to my post from yesterday, I wanted to say thank you to everyone that commented and all the new readers (including J - he reads this now too). [Hi babe!] Thank you! I truly do enjoy writing and my life gives me plenty of material to write about. :)

In an effort to keep writing, I woke up this morning pondering my life and what could I write about and share. I'd like to add to the blog more often and I think starting a number of posts as soon as I have an idea and elaborating on them at different times might be a way to start. I can say, I know I don't have a shortage of ideas/material.

So, as I did the normal naked bathroom waltz before hopping in the shower....Ok, you know...stand in the mirror naked, turn the the right and suck your gut in, turn to the left and suck it in, maybe push it out just to get a giggle. Pull your face skin back and think "is this how I used to look?" and then scrunch it all up and think "is this how I'll look 10 years from now?" (You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about - don't act like you don't). Then you lean in nice and close to the mirror and look at your skin.  That's when the tweezers come out and all the stray hairs that you search out come under attack.  I digress...I'm in the bathroom with tweezers in hand and I think to myself, "Man, getting older kinda stinks. I mean, WTF is up with my face now growing hair!?! All over!! Effing hormones and getting old!" :| (<-- For future reference, this is my "I'm not impressed" face. I like it and I use it a lot).

But then another thought came to mind, I guess getting older isn't too bad. I mean, my 30's are FAR better than my 20's in so many ways. 1.) I'm much more confident in who I am as a woman than I was in my 20's. 2.) I've become a mother yet still get to have a career and now a new/fresh personal life.  3.) I have fewer friends than I did in my 20's, but my friends now are more genuine and like family in my 30's. You know the other part that ROCKS about my 30's?  The "Dirty 30's"! They aren't a myth!! It's pretty awesome and I'm starting to kinda dig it.  At first I thought something was wrong, but then I realized this was it - I had officially hit my dirty 30's (I'm 34 FYI). SWEET!

Shortly after that was another thought..."Damn! This is how men in their 20's must feel...daily! Hourly! Every dang minute! How do they get through a day without thinking about sex?!?" I guess that explains why many of the guys I knew in my 20's behaved the way they did. I get it now, sorry for judging you all. It's a wonder I can get through a day sometimes without just screaming, "I just need to get laid!!" I'm sure my co-workers are happy I don't, so I'll try to keep it under control or at least at home. [Lucky for you J!]

So here's to the "Dirty 30's" and all the other great things (not including the facial hair) that come with being in my 30's!

Cheers!
T

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I haven't seen your blog in a while I guess. Why didn't I know you were single??? Well, more power to you for being able to do it all! I am in awe of single mothers! I am going back through your posts immediately!
    Love ya! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! It's been tough at times, but the end is in sight finally and I can begin a new chapter! I was pretty much doing it alone when I was married anyways, so it really isn't new territory for me. ;) I can fill you in fully if you want to know, drop me a note on FB.

    ReplyDelete