Monday, January 16, 2012

Pinterest-mantic

About a month ago, I was introduced to Pinterest.  At first I was like, "Whatever, just another place like Etsy to see all the cute crafty people doing cute craft things. I'm not crafty, I'm not interested." Just like with anything else I've poo-pooed, I began to get curiouser and curiouser about this website (that's how my FB habit was formed).  So one day I typed the infamous URL into my browser and a new addict was born!

Now let me say this...I've actually used 5 recipes from Pinterest to date, so it really is useful. However, the hours I've wasted to find those recipes and all the other stuff on there...not so useful, but totally addicting (and of course it's NEVER {wink wink} been on work time)! It's like a virtual scrapbook/idea book/cookbook. There is even an app for your mobile devices! You can "pin" just about anything: recipes, home decor ideas, crafts, nail polish, quotes, wedding ideas, baby stuff, design, art, music, videos, fitness, home/office organization ideas, DIY tips/tricks, etc., etc.! I think you sort of get the picture, but you'll never fully understand how awesome it is until you try it. Spoken like a true addict! ;)

--> Start digression here <--

I'm a hopeless romantic.  I LOVE love and I LOVE all things that show/express love. I'm certain I'm not alone here as I think many women in general are romantics (I blame Hollywood and all the sappy movies we get blasted with). Showing/expressing love and/or being romantic doesn't have to be an expensive endeavor (although I'd be a fool and a liar if I said flowers, gifts and jewelry aren't important - just not always necessary or the only way to be romantic/show love). Leaving post-its with sweet notes for each other, "thinking of you" texts during the day, calling just to say "HI!", making dinner, warming up my car on a cold day, picking up a card that says how you feel and thinking of me/my needs in the same thought as your own.  By the way, for my male readers (if I even have any), you earn "action" points for all of this. So if you want to ensure a little bedroom mambo, drop a few of these on your special lady and I can just about 100% guarantee it will happen! You're Welcome! :)


--> End digression <--


-->Start point of this post <--

The one thing I've found oddly fascinating about Pinterest is all the "wedding" boards ladies out there are making. They are pinning wedding dresses, engagement rings, flowers, centerpieces, invitations, hair ideas, bridesmaid dresses, etc., etc. and many of these women are not even engaged or in a relationship for that matter. At first I was like, "WTF!?! You are planning a wedding already?! Jeez, I feel for that poor guy when you meet him." I found myself sitting and shaking my head in full shock and judgement.  I know you might think...I have this reaction because I'm jaded about marriage/weddings given my current life events, but I'm really not. I still fully believe in marriage and would love to be a wife again some day (just with a better other half/partner in the deal).

About a week ago, J and I were on the couch watching TV and a commercial come on (don't remember what it was for) and J made a comment about how expensive weddings are and he'd never spend all that money again on another wedding - the court house is good enough. I replied with a knee jerk reaction of, "Yeah, no kidding, totally a waste." [Sorry babe, I sorta lied.] I think the hopeless romantic deep down in me would like to make the next wedding special with a dress, flowers and a small group of close friends & family, but I've come to realize that maybe a big, lavish wedding isn't what I'd want to do again. I can't help it, just the way I'm wired....romantic, sappy & uber-girlie.

So, I want to apologize to all the ladies out there with wedding boards full of beautiful pins for that special day. Dare to dream! Dream big and I hope your beautiful day comes with all your "pins" realized! :)

Pinterest-mantics (Pinterest Romantics) Unite! 


But I'm still not creating a board for it.

XO,
T

1 comment:

  1. I feel sort of responsible, since I'm the one who invited you to join Pinterest. Does that make me your dealer?
    :)

    ReplyDelete